Scriptural Grounds for Pleading
the Blood of Jesus
There are many Christians who attack this form of prayer. They ask where in Scripture is there proof that we can use this kind of prayer for either protection or deliverance when we will really need it. There was no evidence that the early apostles ever pled the blood to heal, to cast out demons, or to get God’s basic protection on them.
I believe there are three specific things contained in the Blood of Jesus – forgiveness, deliverance, and protection. Many Christians only know about the first one – forgiveness. They have no idea there are two other things available to them that will enable them to live a victorious and overcoming life in the Lord while still living down here on this earth. Here is a brief discussion on each one of these three things.
As Christians, we all know there is definitely forgiveness in the Blood of Jesus. This is the basic central message of true Christianity – that God the Father sent His one and only begotten Son Jesus Christ down to our earth in the flesh to physically die on a cross in order to save us and give us total and permanent forgiveness for all of our sins.
Without Jesus dying and shedding His blood on the cross, there would be no forgiveness and remission of any of our sins. Here are some extremely powerful verses from Scripture specifically telling us this:
- “For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew 26:28)
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.” (Ephesians 1:7)
- “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been made near by the blood of Christ.” (Ephesians 2:13)
- “For the life of the flesh is in the blood … for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.” (Leviticus 17:11)
Notice the emphasis on the word “blood” in these verses. There is no question that in these verses, and others in the Bible, that the blood that Jesus personally shed for us on the cross is what leads all of us to be able to receive eternal salvation, the forgiveness of all of our sins, and entrance into heaven when we die and cross over.
Now what are the Scriptural grounds that will give us the legal right to be able to use the blood of Jesus when taking on any attacks that may come our way? As you will see in some of the stories in the Testimonies section of our site, you can Plead the Blood of Jesus against specific types of attacks such as attacks from demons or other evil people, any kind of physical illness or disease, or any kinds of addictions like drugs and alcohol.
Many Christians are not aware of this second component that is in the Blood of Jesus which will entitle us to be able to use His Blood to go on the offensive against any adversity that may come our way.
Something else happened that day when Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins. The Bible tells us that Jesus also defeated Satan and all of the powers of darkness that day! Here are several good verses from Scripture proving this point to you:
- “… that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” (Hebrews 2:14)
- “He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13)
- “Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.” (Colossians 2:15)
- “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” (Revelation 12:11)
What defeated Satan and all his dark powers? The physical death of Jesus on the cross. And what did Jesus do when He died that day on the cross for all of us? He shed His Blood!
This is why Pleading the Blood of Jesus works so well in real life combat situations when it really is needed to defeat attacks that are coming against us from the dark side.
Many Christians are not fully aware of this second fact about the Blood of Jesus – that the Blood of Jesus can also be used to engage with our enemies when they do try to launch any kind of an attack against us. The blood that Jesus shed that day on the cross has totally defeated Satan and all of his dark powers.